Chartered Surveyors and Valuers
please contact us for any queries
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
Elliott Consultants Limited, based at 10 Vale Road, Hartford, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1PL, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as Elliott Consultants, is pleased to provide the following information:
- For the purposes of providing services, Elliott Consultants may require contact and property information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for the provision of our services to you. In communications we will make notes which may include details concerning your property, company (if applicable), contact details and other details to facilitate serving you. This data is always held securely, is not shared with anyone not involved in your services, although for data storage purposes it may be handled by pre-vetted staff. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of the provision of any service that you give your explicit consent to allow Elliott Consultants to document and process your data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses may be used to contact you about the service provided and provide reports or other information concerning your services.
- For marketing purposes, Elliott Consultants may also use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquiries, including making telephone contact and emailing information to you which Elliott Consultants believes may be of interest to you.
- In making initial contact with Elliott Consultants you consent to Elliott Consultants maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any time) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. Elliott Consultants do not broker your data or provide it to anyone else, unless under legal obligation to do so, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing database by emailing or phoning Elliott Consultants using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
- Some basic personal data may be collected about you from completing website contact forms and other communications with you, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Elliott Consultants will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require, the business does not sell or broker your data.
To meet our contractual obligations obtained from explicit consent to provide you with services and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Elliott Consultants processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Elliott Consultants will keep your personal information safe and secure. Staff engaged in providing your services and our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can make appointments and manage your account. Elliott Consultants will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests. Elliott Consultants may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
Elliott Consultants will process personal data during the duration of any services and will continue to store only your data until you inform us not to do so.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. Elliott Consultants does not store personal data outside the EEA. However, due to the nature of the internet, your data may pass through servers outside the EEA whilst being communicated electronically.
At any point whilst Elliott Consultants are in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Elliott Consultants refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Elliott Consultants can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Elliott Consultants) that has determined how and why to process your data.
Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Elliott Consultants and information about these interests.
The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
How long the data will be stored.
Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Elliott Consultants will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Elliott Consultants is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01606 77056 or writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Elliott Consultants you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Mark Elliott, Managing Director
Telephone 01606 77056 or email: email@example.com
Postal Address: 10 Vale Road, Hartford, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 1PL